Friday, November 25, 2011

This turkey is not trotting.

It's 60 degrees and sunny today.  In Michigan.  On November 25th.  As a runner, having perfect running weather the day after the largest-calorie-meal-of-the-year should be a dream come true.  Unfortunately, this turkey is not running anywhere today.

I went in for my second monitoring appointment this morning (at 6:45!).  Everything is progressing along quite swimmingly: I have 11 follicles on the left, largest ~13mm, and 13 on the right with a few 15-16mm.  The nurse was very pleased with the progress, and said we are on track with a Tuesday retrieval.  She did warn that with so many follicles, I am at risk for OHSS, and reminded me that exercise or excessive twisting should be avoided.  I'm honestly feeling a little uncomfortable - I definitely feel my ovaries and experience some cramping on and off all day.  To explain a hidden double meaning in the post title, I'm also constipated (hahaha, I'm so clever).  The nurse says this is another common side effect as things get a little crowded in there, but it is important to help things along as much as possible since it will only get worse.

I go back in on Sunday for another ultrasound, and until then keep with the same dose of meds.  I'll spend the rest of today catching up on sleep lost from my Black Friday shopping adventure last night (not really worth the effort, but I wasn't shopping for that many things to begin with) and doing some more deal hunting online.

No comments:

Post a Comment