Friday, November 18, 2011

Good thing I'm not trypanophobic (afraid of needles)

Today I went in for my baseline ultrasound, and everything looked good.  No cysts, so we are good to start stims (meds to stimulate my ovaries to produce more than one lead follicle/egg) tonight. 
My baseline blood work (for my records):
Estrogen: 36
FSH: 2.1
LH 0.9
Progesterone: <0.2

And tonight, shot time.  I am rather lucky in that I can mix my meds (4 vials) all into one shot.  Some ladies have to take many shots a day, I have one short skinny needle that I can stick in the flabby part of my stomach (sub-cutaneous).  Not bad at all.
It took me about 15 minutes tonight, but I was reading the instructions every step of the way.  Josh handles all the shots that go in my ass, but I figure I would handle these.  It wasn't so bad, and I'm sure I will get more efficient at it.  I've never given myself a shot before, but once I got over the initial hesitation, everything was fine.  Only 9 (or maybe less) more nights to go!  (Of stims.  I think I will be getting a shot every day for the next two months or so...)

No comments:

Post a Comment