Friday, August 12, 2011

Where do they all go?

I went to the dog park with Josh and Lucy this afternoon.  I usually don't go - Lucy usually either gets a run with me or a visit to the dog park with Josh each day.  Lucky for us, the dog park is about a mile from our house and couldn't be more convenient.

But here is the interesting part - I found out Lucy can fit 3 (yes, THREE) tennis balls in her mouth.  How in the world does she do it?  I don't know, but she can carry all three around as much as she pleases.  See, Lucy gets bored with fetch fairly quickly now and prefers to hoard tennis balls at the park.  We have the puppy that doesn't share.  I kind of snicker at this, because there are plenty of balls to go around, but part of me is a bit flabbergasted that our puppy is a tennis-ball bully.

Josh neglected to share her new accomplishment with me a couple weeks ago when it happened, but I think we have all of those expectations sorted out now.  Next time we will have a camera on hand so we don't miss these important milestones.

*yes, I know tennis balls can be a choking hazard.  But we keep a careful eye on her and only let her play with them at the park when we are watching, not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment