Saturday, August 13, 2011

Between the Drops

Its a rainy weekend here in Bay City, but I'm OK with that.  This is the first weekend in a month that we have zero plans, and our next few weekends are booked too.  It was a great excuse to relax around the house, catch up on cleaning, and watch the rest of our On-Demand cue. 

I also managed to fit a run in, though it was delayed a few hours because I decided I didn't want to run in the rain.  It was another step back week, so I only had 11 miles to do.  I managed to fit in a few P90X videos this week - whew, its been a long time since I did those!  Lots of push-ups, pull-ups and some Ab Ripper left me sore for the next three days!  I think a few more of those videos in rotation will do me good.

S 8/7: Rest
M 8/8: 4.11 pace, 35:12, 8:34 pace
Tu 8/9: P90X Chest and Back (first half), Ab Ripper X
W 8/10: 7.04 pace, 1:01:16, 8:42 pace
Th 8/11: 4.04 easy, 37:15, 9:13 pace
F 8/12: Rest
S 8/13: 11.05 long, 1:44:37, 9:32 pace

I ran 26.24 miles last week.  I'm already thinking about how I can adjust my training schedule for the coming week - we will be in Florida for my cousin's wedding next weekend.  The temps are rather undesirable, with overnight lows of 78 degrees.  Couple that with the fact that they are calling for thunderstorms every day, and it will be a hot and humid mess.  So I'm thinking I will get my 17 mile run in after we get back, either Sunday evening or Monday morning (since I took an extra vacation day).  Who wants to spend 3 hours running on their vacation anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment