Sunday, August 28, 2011

Birthday Baggo

It is someone's birthday today....
Happy 31st Birthday, Josh!

We decided last week that this would be a great opportunity to have our family over for a BBQ, since we haven't been together in quite a while.  It was such a treat to spend the beautiful summer day with family: grilling, playing yard games, and catching up.  Thanks everyone for making the trip!

Here are a few pictures from the day.
My Grandpa's birthday was a few days earlier, so we celebrated that too.  Happy 81 Grandpa!

Josh handled the grilling, and he did a great job!

My brother brought Baggo, so of course there was a little yard competition going on.  It turned out to be a beautiful day to be outside.

This is Pam, my baby sister.

 Lucy was really very good today.  She laid down at Josh's feet most of the time he grilled.

As for food, here is what we did:
For appetizers, I had homemade salsa and chips, bacon-wrapped BBQ jalapeno poppers (these were delicious!), and my mom brought a fruit tray.  For dinner we had grilled chicken (BBQ and cilantro-lime), a few hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, caprese salad, and oven redskin potatoes.  We had pop and beer to drink.

We had my nieces up for a sleepover last night, so they helped me make Josh's cake.  He picked this cookies and cream cake, but I didn't get any pictures this time around.  Josh's mom brought some ice cream, which definitely helped cut the richness of the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment