Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Run to Eat

I cranked out 15 miles this morning, to bring my weekly total to 30.39 miles running and 14.0 on the bike.  Whoo hoo, I broke 30 miles!

S 7/31: Rest
M 8/1: Easy bike ride on the rail trail, 9.99 mi, 54:12, 11.1 mph
Tu 8/2: NRoLFW Stage 3, Workout B-4; 2.9 mi HIIT, 25:00, 8:37 pace; 1.31 mi easy, 12:10, 9:16 pace
W 8/3: 7.03 easy, 1:04:00, 9:06 pace
Th 8/4: 4.05 easy, 36:53, 9:06 pace
F 8/5: Bike to work, 4.01 mi, 22:19, 10.8 mph
S 8/6: 15.10 long, 2:24:06, 9:32 pace

Most runners will say they run to eat, and I'm one of them.  One of the huge benefits of running 15 miles in the morning, is getting to stuff my face at the annual Pig Gig festival in Bay City.  (Though I usually prefer sweets, barbeque and beer works too!)


My company hosted their annual "Pignic" at the Pig Gig this year, so that means we got reserved parking, a tent to eat in, meal tickets to any vendor we choose, and 8 drink tickets between the 2 of us.  (Yeah, plenty-o-drinks, that's for sure.)    Josh and I had pulled pork and ribs from Aussom Aussie and Two Fat Guys BBQ, and they were both really good - even with a long run, I couldn't eat all the food they gave us :)

There is a free concert each night on the festival grounds, and tonight's was Saving Abel.  I'm familiar with a few of their singles from the radio (18 Days, Addicted), so Josh and I brought some lawn chairs to watch their set and Josh's friend Tom joined us.  They played a little more than an hour, but that was enough since it was raining on and off the whole night, and picked up quite a bit towards the end.

(I took some pictures and video on my phone, but now they seem to have disappeared.... huh.)

So, we dragged our wet butts home to catch up with Tom for a bit.  It was a fun night - I always enjoy taking advantage of the things Bay City has to offer in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment