Friday, December 9, 2011

Snowbabies!

We have snowbabies!  No, I'm not talking about some pretty figure in the snow or a collectible figurine.  I am talking about perfect, beautiful frozen embryos.

We are still waiting for the full report (I will pick it up on Monday) regarding quality and specifics, but we found out today that we have TEN embies in the cryo tank waiting for us when needed.  Josh and I are hopeful that this is enough to complete our family, but who knows how things will work out.  Only the very best blasts are frozen, and it is even possible that they waited until day 6 to freeze them, we will find out in the report.  So while we did lose a few of the 19 fertilized eggs we had along the way, we know that the ones that made it are thriving.

~~~~~~

Also, I went in for blood work this morning and found out that while my estrogen level was fine, my progesterone was a tad on the low side (18.5, then like to see it >20).  So I need to double my PIO shots.  PIO sucks.  It stands for Progesterone In Oil, and I take it as an intramuscular shot in my ass each morning.  (Josh is literally injecting peanut oil laced with progesterone into my butt.)  The oil is supposed to be more effective than suppositories (and less messy), but the issue is that the oil sits on your muscle.  It hurts like a bruise, and is just generally annoying.  Massaging the area and applying heat help some.  I was finally OK with the PIO, then today my RE doubled my dose from 1cc to 2cc/day.  Oh well, I'll get over it and Josh will just have to rub my ass a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment