Thursday, December 22, 2011

Got my sweat on

Exactly 1 month after my last workout, I got back to the gym.  At my blood draw on Wednesday, I got permission to resume exercise (and sex for that matter).  The nurse would like me to start back slow and easy, and "low impact" (talking about exercise here, not sex :p ).  I told her how much I enjoy running and we made a deal:  I won't do any Insanity videos if I can at least go for an easy jog.  My ovaries are likely still large because of the good response last cycle, so torsion is a risk.  I just need to stop if I feel any pain or discomfort.

So I started on the elliptical for 35 minutes, doing some fairly easy intervals.  Then I rode the stationary bike for 15 minutes, and followed that up with an easy mile on the treadmill.  Oh man - my ass hurts.  The spots where I was getting my PIO shots were sore!  They definitely hurt less as the run went on though.  It felt great to run again, but I cried for half of it.

I have definitely hit the anger and bitter stage.  I am pissed.  I just want a baby!  Josh wants a baby and I can't give it to him.  This whole thing isn't fair.  Its stressful, worrisome, time consuming, expensive....  Infertility is a bitch I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Christmas is this weekend, and I am looking forward to a long weekend off from work (very busy lately) and time with family.  I love exchanging gifts, eating wonderful food, and sitting by the Christmas tree.  I will do my best to focus on these things for the next couple days.  I'm not really excited about hearing the story of Mary's immaculate conception, but 'tis the reason for the season so I'll get through it. 

Side note:  my beta Wednesday was <1.0, so officially negative.  I should start bleeding any day now, once my progesterone and estrogen levels drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment