Saturday, December 3, 2011

Everyone loves a fort & I beat Josh at College Football Pick 'Em!!

Well, except for Lucy.  She didn't so much appreciate the fort that Josh and I built for her this afternoon :(

She chose to lay half-under the table all on her own.  Yes, with her butt on the bed and head on the floor.  
She is weird like that sometimes.

But, its understandable if she is a little irritable lately.  She seems to be doing quite well; she is getting around more than she should and she is anxious to play every little chance she gets.  We have to try and keep her from using her leg too much yet - 2 weeks of as much rest as possible is what the doctor ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the last week of ESPN's College Pick 'Em.  Entering the week I am in third place, one point out of second and 11 out of first.  Josh is on my heels in 4th.  I wanted to make some risky picks this week to give myself a chance of taking over the top spot in case any upsets do happen, but I didn't want to risk falling behind Josh.  I stuck my upset picks as my bottom 3 selections, so we will see what happens.  Lets just say I am a huge Southern Miss fan today.  And I will also be rooting for any team that can help Michigan secure a BCS bid (which actually includes Southern Miss but not Oklahoma).

10 pts: LSU over Georgia
9 pts: Wisconsin over Michigan St
8 pts: Cincinnati over Connecticut
7 pts: Wyoming over Colorado St
6 pts: BYU over Hawaii
5 pts: Virginia Tech over Clemson
4 pts: Pittsburgh over Syracuse
3 pts: Texas over Baylor
2 pts: Oklahoma over Oklahoma St
1 pt: Southern Miss over Houston

Update:  45 points, good enough for 2nd place on the season. (6 points out of first.  Southern Miss made me look pretty brilliant for a while.)  I finished in the top 1% of everyone who signed up to play Pick 'Em on  ESPN, not too shabby for a girl!  And the best part......I beat Josh, who finished 3rd, a solid 8 points behind me.  House bragging rights for a year baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment