Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cookie anyone?

I started my holiday baking this past weekend.  I have gone a little crazy in the past, and I am well on my way this year.

It started on Friday, when I baked a batch of sugar cutout cookies and gingerbread cutout cookies.  Then I got my parents to come up on Saturday to help :)

Trust me, even he guys helped!  This is before we put them to work.

 Puppy?  Not so much help.  But she was a great foot warmer while I was decorating.
I would have taken more pics, but out battery died. Someone left the camera on after this one.... (oops.)

We baked a few more batches of cookies on Saturday morning, even a couple for my mom, and then spent the afternoon decorating.  I relinquished some control this year and even let my mom and dad help with the royal icing ;)  But getting all those cookies decorated in one day?  Totally worth it.  Josh estimates I knocked out a few hundred cookies this weekend, and I am probably 60% done. 
 There are still a few more recipes on the list :)

I'll take some more pictures of the mass piles of sugar in a few days to make you all jealous of my neighbors and co-workers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment