Saturday, July 30, 2011

Get 'er Done

This post is a bunch of random stuff, so stick with me.

I set my alarm nice and early again this morning to beat the heat on my 14-miler.  I have to admit, I liked training for a spring marathon better than training for a fall race, even though I spent about a month on the treadmill in February.  The summer heat just makes fitting in the miles a little more challenging.  I actually felt good this morning and the run went by pretty quick. 

I ran of total of 29.26 miles this week - I'm happy to see these totals climbing a little bit.
M 7/25: 7.03 pace, 1:01:30, 8:45 pace
Tu 7/26: 4.03 easy, 37:04, 9:12 pace
W 7/27: Rest
Th 7/28: 4.12 easy, 37:31, 9:06 pace
F 7/29: NRoLFW Stage 3, Workout A-4
S 7/30: 14.08 long, 2:15:36, 9:38 pace

I followed up the run with a Berry Protein Shake, Green Monster style.  Yep, just add some spinach, and I PROMISE you won't taste it!
Frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries), 1 scoop protein powder, almond milk, and a few handfuls of spinach

Then this afternoon, I braved the heat and went blueberry picking.
It took me about 50 minutes to pick 5 lbs of berries, and I was dripping with sweat when I was done.  The owner said he usually has berries until mid-September, so I might try to go back in a few weeks on a day when its a little cooler.
I froze a huge tray of these berries, and I think tomorrow I'll make a big batch of healthy blueberry muffins :)

1 comment:

  1. I know we haven't talked in forever, but I feel like I'm all caught up on what's going on with you guys now that I found your blog (hope that's not stalker-ish). Thinking about you and all you're going through and sending good wishes your way. Where is your email btw? I cannot find any way to send you a message other than comment!

    ReplyDelete