Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas (shopping) in July

I've officially started my Christmas shopping!  It sort of happened by accident, but I found a few things I couldn't pass up at the Ann Arbor Art Fairs yesterday, so a few gifts were purchased.

I met my friend Lauren at about 9:30, and after finding free parking in Ann Arbor (yea!), we got started walking around.  The AA "Art Fair" is actually four separate art fairs, combined into one big event.  There is the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original; the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair; the State Street Area Art Fair; and the Ann Arbor South University Art Fair. 

I seriously have a lot of color this summer, but I always look so damn white!

There are a lot of great artists there, and also many that just aren't our style.  But it is fun to look and walk around, and we had a chance to talk and catch up, mostly about weddings (hers) and the lack of babies (me).  Many of the stores in Ann Arbor also have a lot of great sales, so we walked through some of those as well.

We stopped in Amer's Deli for a lunch break, and because we needed a break from the 90+ degree heat for a while.  We split a yummy veggie sandwich (love avocado!) and a side of fattoush salad.  The we each got a Yogurt Rush - why do we not have these kind of places in Bay City?  This tangy frozen yogurt is awesome: 29 cal/oz for the original flavor, and then you can top with whatever you want - fruit, crushed candy, etc., etc.  It was REALLY good.  (I forgot to take a picture of mine, which might just be enough reason to go back and get another one!)

And today.... back to the pavement.  We are still experiencing a "heat wave" here, which is rather uncomfortable considering the humidity we have to deal with as well.  So, I set my alarm for 6:00 am on a Sunday to try and get the run in before I melted.  It was overcast, and I only had 9 miles to do (another step-back week), so it was really a pretty good run.  Which still doesn't mean I went fast or anything.

So, with a total of 22.51 miles, here is how the week looked:
S 7/17: P90X Yoga X, 60 min (I really needed to stretch out a little, this felt great!)
M 7/18: 3.28 easy, 31:22, 9:34 pace
Tu 7/19: NRoLFW Stage 3, Workout A-3
W 7/20: 6.30 pace, 56:41, 9:00 pace
Th 7/21: Rest
F 7/22: NRoLFW Stage 3, Workout B-3; HIIT Intervals 2.3 mi, 20:00, 8:32 pace; 1.03 easy, 8:53, 8:43 pace
S 7/23: Rest, but did a LOT of walking at the art fairs
S 7/24: 9.60 long, 1:32:40, 9:39 pace


No comments:

Post a Comment