Sunday, October 2, 2011

On the Go

We have a busy weekend planned, starting with a wedding yesterday.  Our friends Magen and Neil were married right here in Bay City - we didn't know how nice it was to attend a wedding a mile from your house.  All of our friends should get married at the Doubletree from now on!

 Me and the Hubs, all gussied up.  It drove Josh crazy that I got multiple compliments on my "messy bun" hairdo!

The beautiful bride.  Her skirt and train were a beautiful lace overlay with a bunch of beadwork.  Gorgeous!

Some of the girls - we had such a fun night!  They had a photobooth there, so we have some awesome pictures from that as well!


Unfortunately I had to go into work to cover a quick meeting at 6:30 this morning, so Josh and I figured we would get an early start headed down to my parents for the day.  We are going to stop at Oakland University so I can pick up my race bib for the Brooksie Way half marathon on Sunday.  Then, its an afternoon of college football and family, followed by Tigers baseball at my brother and sister's house in Rochester (within a few miles of the race).

I'll be back with a race update tomorrow, but here are my football picks for the week:
10 pts: Georgia Tech over North Carolina
9 pts: South Carolina over Auburn
8 pts: Notre Dame over Purdue
7 pts: Wisconsin over Nebraska
6 pts: Alabama over Florida
5 pts: Navy over Air Force
4 pts: Virginia Tech over Clemson
3 pts: Baylor over Kansas State
2 pts: Michigan State over Ohio State
1 pt: Texas A&M over Arkansas

UPDATE:  Ugly, ugly week - but for our whole group, so I don't feel that bad.  Lots of upsets - I had inklings for Clemson and Kansas State, just couldn't pull the trigger.  I dropped one spot to 5th, but I'm still only 4 points out of 2nd.  Josh is holding onto a 4 point lead in 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment