Saturday, October 22, 2011

Being a TOC

In college, I acquired the nickname Toc.  While living in the dorms, some hallmates were going down to dinner.  One asked my roommate what I was doing, and my roommate stated I was being a turd....  on the couch.  Lets just attribute this to girls being silly, but Toc was born (yes, it really stands for Turd On Couch).  I went on to live with these girls for all 4 years of college, with a few others as well, and I have been called Toc (and many variations of) by all of them.  The favorite by far seems to be Tikki Toc, or even just Tikki.  It just stuck.

Why do I share this (somewhat embarrassing) story?  Because I have personified that nickname this week.  I spent most evenings being a Toc.  But I have a good excuse!  I'm still recovering from the marathon.  I few light runs here and there, but no significant miles.  The last two days my left knee has been giving me issues, which is weird because it never bothered me at all this training cycle.  I just have to take in easy next week, and continue to let my legs recover for a while.  I'll probably try to hit the gym a few times to add some strength training back into the mix.

I had a total of 12.85 measly miles for the week, plus a few short walks with puppy.
M 10/17: Rest
Tu 10/18: Rest
W 10/19:1.55 easy walk, 25:00
Th 10/20: 2.4 recovery jog, 25:00, 10:25 pace
F 10/21: 3.39 recovery, 34:18, 10:08 pace
Sa 10/22: 5.5 recovery, 56:29, 10:16 pace

And, because it is football Saturday, here are my picks.  Michigan has a bye-week, so no Go Blue today.
10 pts: Stanford over Washington
9 pts: Clemson over North Carolina
8 pts: Illinois over Purdue
7 pts: Oklahoma State over Missouri
6 pts: Wake Forest over Duke
5 pts: Wisconsin over Michigan State
4 pts: Notre Dame over USC
3 pts: Penn State over Northwestern
2 pts: Cal over Utah
1 pt: Miami (FL) over Georgia Tech

UPDATE: I had 38 points for the week, good enough to move me into 4th place.  Josh had a TERRIBLE week, and has dropped to 5th.  Its a good thing I don't listen to him too much when making my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment