Saturday, September 17, 2011

You might see me on What Not to Wear.

But only because I choose function over fashion when it comes to running.  We already know that my new shoes don't match my wardrobe.  But why did I pick bright pink compression socks?  Sure, they look AWESOME, but I own one single bright pink shirt.  And these bright yellow water bottles really compliment this color scheme I had going on:

And check out that MP3 player from 2004.  Still going strong!

Not pictured: my $5 flea market sunglasses, my Garmin, and for some reason, my wedding rings.  I'm still married, I swear.  Oh yeah, and to all those who I passed on the trail this morning:  sorry, I forgot to put on deodorant.  Oops.

All that aside, what a beautiful morning for a run.  Temperatures in the 50s and sunny - a runner's dream (OK, I would also go for 60 and cloudy).  The air had a wonderful bite to it, and the cooler temps drastically improve my performance.  It was by far my best run of the year, and the longest at 19 miles.  I ran a negative split to boot: 1:33:52 / 1:30:51.  The only thing I would have changed: I do wish I had worn shorts instead of capris, but that is it.  This was a great cap to the running week, and now I fully feel like I am back on track for the marathon a month from now..  Here was the week, 38.74 miles total:

M 9/12: P90X - first half of Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X
Tu 9/13: 5.06 easy, 47:12, 9:20 pace
W 9/14: 9.48 easy, 1:28:21, 9:19 pace
Th 9/15: 5.15 pace, 47:30, 9:13 pace
F 9/16: Rest
S 9/17: 19.05 long, 3:05:22, 9:44 pace

And I can't end this post without sharing my College Football picks for the week:
10 pts: South Carolina over Navy
9 pts: Nebraska over Washington
8 pts: Stanford over Arizona
7 pts: Iowa over Pittsburgh
6 pts: BYU over Utah
5 pts: Oklahoma over Florida State
4 pts: Notre Dame over Michigan State
3 pts: Ohio State over Miami
2 pts: Texas over UCLA
1 pt: Clemson over Auburn

UPDATE: I had 46 points for the week, which isn't great but not bad either.  I dropped 1 spot to 5th overall - but Josh tied for second best week and remains in first.

No comments:

Post a Comment