Sunday, September 4, 2011

Everyone needs compression socks

I've been thinking about compression gear for while now, but my recent foot issues really pushed me over the edge.  I saw some socks I liked at the Crim expo, but they were a little cheaper to order online so I did just that.  They came yesterday!
These are CEP running compression socks in pink.  I cut off my head in the picture because I looked like crap this morning.

I know, they are a tad bright, but don't they look AWESOME?  Now I look like a very serious runner who knows what she is doing.  Really though, compression is supposed to help with targeted blood flow to help reduce injuries from occurring and also to help you recover faster.  You can wear these socks before, during, or after running.  Since I'm still resting my foot, I just wear them around the house a lot for now.

There was not a lot of running this week (like none), but I rode my bike a bit to try and keep up some level of cardio.  Here is the week 12 recap, 0 miles run, 32.07 bike:

S 8/28: Rest
M 8/29: P90X: first half of Chest/Shoulders/Arms, Ab Ripper X
Tu 8/30: Rest
W 8/31: 10.98 bike, 58:55, 11.2 mph
Th 9/1: P90X: Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
F 9/2: 4.03 bike to work, 22:17, 10.9 mph
S 9/3:17.06 bike, 1:27:11, 11.7 mph
S 9/4: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment