Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our Little Alarm Clock

My internal alarm clock is rather dependable; I was up at 6:10 this morning taking my temperature without setting an alarm (my normal temp time is 6:00-6:15).  Generally though, I can get back to sleep for a little bit, even if it is only a light sleep.  Unfortunately for us, Lucy is not the same way.  At 6:30 this morning, she was up.  Josh got up to give her breakfast and let her out while I stayed in bed.  But 40 minutes later, she was at the bottom of the stairs whining again.  Apparently Josh wasn't good enough, and she just had to have her mommy.  Just the thought of those puppy eyes and I was down the stairs in seconds.  We rolled around on the floor, I petted her, she cuddled up on me... you know, what most people long to do at 7 am on a weekend.

I got up to check my reader and email, and by 7:45, Lucy was sleeping again (she glared at me when she heard me get up to get the camera).
Someone looks a little grumpy at getting disturbed... hmpf!

I'm glad one of us got some more sleep this morning.  Oh well, I had a long run to get in anyway.  I had Josh drop me off along the rail trail about 2.5 miles from the house, and ran out to the State Park and back for a little over 9 miles.  The run started out cool, but it got pretty warm a few miles in.  I was doing my best to stick to the shade along the way.  When I got back, Josh was headed out to take Lucy to the dog park.  Someone was ready to play again!

Week 2 of marathon training in the books.  22.51 miles.  Here's how the week went:

S 6/19: New Rules of Lifting for Women (NRoLFW*) Stage 2, Workout B3; HIIT intervals 2.0 miles, 18:00
M 6/20: Rest
Tu 6/21: 3.11 mi easy, 28:41, 9:13 pace
W 6/22: 5.0 mi easy, 47:14, 9:27 pace
Th 6/23: NRoLFW Stage 2, Workout A4; 3.21 mi easy, 29:37, 9:14 pace
F 6/24: Rest
S 6/25: 9.19 long, 1:28:32, 9:38 pace

*More about NRoLFW in another post.  I generally like the program, but the premise conflicts with endurance training (i.e marathon training), so I think I am only going to keep up with it for another few weeks and then find some alternative strength training to throw into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment