Friday, September 9, 2011

Three strikes, and you are definitely out.

This morning: negative home pregnancy test. Strike one.
This morning right before work: blood draw for beta testing.  Negative. Strike two.
This afternoon at work: started my period. Definitive strike three.

You're out.

So yeah, definitely out this cycle, headed on to Cycle 11.  I need to talk to my RE, since I think we are all on the same page that Clomid isn't working that well for me and we want to try a different protocol next cycle.  I also want to ask him about Metformin and if that is a consideration for me or not.

On a side note, I really LOVE the nurses at my RE's office.  They called in an order to Bay Med for my blood draw, since it's right around the corner from my house so I wouldn't have to drive to Saginaw today.  They called it in "stat" - meaning that I would most definitely have the results today, and that I got bumped to the front of the waiting line.  I am certain this was not a necessary "stat," but it sure was convenient for me!

I am really sad about this cycle, because I really felt like we had been getting somewhere with the timing and knowing for sure that I have ovulated when we think I did.  I also just so desperately want a baby... I think about it every single day.  Talk about workplace distractions, I can't tell you how many times I catch my mind wandering throughout the day.  But the weird thing is, I just don't have a lot of tears this time around and I don't know why.  I'm usually a crier about everything... but this time, I'm just not.  I don't know if I am getting "used to" the disappointment or what, but my response is less end-of-the-world than it used to be.  At least it is for now, just wait until I see another announcement or a little baby.

I suppose there is a Bright Side here.  I do have some fun things planned that will be a great distraction the next few days, and they should be even more fun since I can drink.  Tonight, Josh and I are going to an annual beer and wine tasting event put on by my work.  Its usually a good time, and we get to try 6 beers and 6 wines that are different every year.  Then tomorrow, I'm headed up north to Traverse City for a Bachelorette party.  We are going to start with a wine tour, and now I'm especially looking forward to this wino weekend since I've been abstaining for a few weeks now.  Sometimes you just need a drink, or four!

No comments:

Post a Comment