Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The best Christmas present ever!

*I wrote this post the night we took this pregnancy test.  We would later find out this was a chemical pregnancy.  I guess I decided to keep the post anyway, since it is part of our journey and just further depicts the rollercoaster we are on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knocked up.  Bun in the oven.  With child.  In the family way.  Expecting.  Preggers.  Whatever you call it,
I'M PREGNANT!!!!!

Well, according to EPT anyway :)  I convinced Josh we needed to test.  I couldn't wait any longer.  So I  pulled out a digital when I got home from work.  Josh and I stood in front of the Christmas tree while the hourglass was turning, and turning, and turning.... and finally, after what seemed like forever, that magical word appeared.  For the first time in my life, I saw the word
Pregnant


Holy sh*t.  We hugged and cried while Lucy tried to figure out what was wrong.  Then we laughed, smiled, and cried some more.  After 20 months and 13 cycles, so many blank pregnancy tests, miles and miles driven to doctors appointments, countless shots and blood draws and ultrasounds.... we did it.  We made a baby!

 BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment