Friday, August 5, 2011

A MAY-be Baby

I started a new cycle today, which makes 10 cycles and 16 months trying to conceive baby #1.  We are hoping for a MAY baby this time around!  The protocol for this month is 150 mg of Clomid on days 3-7, which is earlier than my other Clomid cycles and will hopefully stimulate my follicles faster.  We go in for monitoring on day 11, and then will continue to go back until ovulation is imminent.  We have decided to forgo artificial insemination this cycle in favor of timed intercourse, but will consider IUI (intrauterine insemination) in the future (but hopefully we don't need to!).

I'm feeling good about this cycle and am in a pretty good place right now emotionally.  Training is really picking up, so my running is helping keep me distracted.  On top of that, I'm pretty excited for the races I have on the horizon.  At times I have struggled hearing pregnancy news from friends and acquaintances, but I have seen a couple new announcements in the past week and have avoided any tears.  Don't get me wrong, I am always incredibly happy for the couple when I hear the news that our friends are expecting.  I just get even more sad and frustrated with our own situation.  I have really tried to de-couple the emotions and remind myself that our situation shouldn't have any bearing on my excitement for our friends.  Josh is also really good at reminding me of this, so that helps too.

On an unrelated note....
Early to bed tonight so I can set my alarm for pre-sunrise tomorrow morning.  We've had some "cooler" temps for running this past week (like around 80 degrees, which is way better than 90), but of course tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, hot, and humid so I'll get my 15 miles in bright and early.  I had to make a Kroger run because I am out of my normal running fuel.
Last minute Kroger run: bruised banana, 12-hour old bagel, and vanilla Power Bar energy gels

Before a long run (of about 12 miles or more), I normally have a bagel (or toast or english muffin) with peanut butter and a banana.  Then I'll take a Gu (in this case Power Bar gel, but I prefer Gu) with me on the run and have one every 6-7 miles or so.  I also sip on some G2 in the morning and fill at least one of my fuel bottles with the Gatorade.  I really need to get to a race expo to stock up on some more gels and sport beans, since they are so overpriced at my local running store.

No comments:

Post a Comment