Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bad News Bears

Today was one of those days.  No good news from the doctor, a craptastic run, and a possible injury to sideline me for a while.  Ugh!

I'm really frustrated with this cycle.  I went in for another monitoring appointment this morning (CD13), and I seem to be making backwards progress!  This time I didn't have any follicles larger than 13mm, and the nurse was a little concerned with my uterine lining.  They like to see it around 9, and mine was only 4.5.  Since we are going out of town this weekend, I have to use OPKs through the weekend and go in again on Monday if there is no sign of ovulation.

Then after work, I had an 8 mile pace run to do.  Blah, blah, blah!!!!   It was easily my worst run of this training cycle, possibly my worst run of the year.  I could barely keep my pace under 9:30 when I was actually running (I've been targeting 9:00 miles during pace runs), and I took literally like 20 breaks.  The stats for the run won't look all that bad, but that is because of a lovely feature on my Garmin called auto-pause.  I stop moving, it stops ticking away the time.  I had about 14 minutes of stoppage.  It was only an 8 mile run!

To top it all off, I think I hurt my foot bad enough to require a few days rest.  It been bugging me on and off for a week or more, but tonight it really hurt.  Look at the picture below - see the slightly bruised, slightly puffy area on my left foot?  Yeah.... not sure what I did or when I did it, but I hurt something. 
I realize it is really hard to see in this picture, plus my sandal-tan-lines make it a little harder to see the color difference.  But you can definitely see the puffiness, right?

So, here's the game plan for the next few days: pee on a stick to test for ovulation and take a few days off from running.  At this point, I'll try to get my 17-miler in on Monday (since I have the day off), so long as my foot is feeling better.  I definitely need this 4-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment