Wednesday, June 1, 2011

March 14th

Here we are, cycle number 8, and month 14 of TTC.  We have an appointment with our RE later this month, but with the guidance of our OB/GYN we will continue 150 mg Clomid this cycle.  Fingers, toes, everything crossed!

And, since I like to torture myself, I ran the dates.  I can't be the only one who, while TTC, enters the first day of their cycle into the EDD (estimated due date) calculators to find out when baby might arrive, IF we get pregnant this cycle of course.  I get March 7, 2012 if I ovulate on Day 14, but last cycle I ovulated very late (Day 21), so assuming the same happens this cycle, we are looking at a week later.

Then I go through and look at how far along I will be at certain events: 10.5 weeks for my cousin's wedding in Florida in August, 11.5 weeks for Josh's birthday and the Crim 10 mile race (totally do-able), 17 weeks for the Brooksie Way half marathon (very possible), 19 weeks for the Detroit marathon (will probably run the half instead), 24 weeks at Thanksgiving, 28 weeks at Christmas.  If baby comes 2 weeks early, we have a shot at the unlikeliest birthday of all, February 29th.  A few days late, and little one has an Irish birthday.  Either way, I would have a child before I turn 29 on March 31st. 

I've done this too many times before (a few months ago I was looking at a special 11-11-11 birthday), started planning my life around what I might or might not be able to do depending on how pregnant I might be, checking that damn calendar every time a new event arises.  Is it just wishing and hoping?  Am I a serial planner?  Or do I just like the torture of "what-if"?

In about 5 weeks, we'll know for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment